If you are looking for some help within York Region, here are some of the trusted organizations Good Movement has contact with.
Blue Door Shelters, a not-for-profit registered charitable agency has been an integral part of our community providing emergency shelter for the homeless population of York Region. As the region has grown, so too have the services of our organization. Initiated as a shelter for single men, Blue Door Shelters has expanded to include emergency shelter programs for families and youth. An emergency shelter for males between the ages of 16 and 26 providing residents with:
- support to find and maintain affordable housing
- accommodation and food
- supportive counselling
- referral to appropriate community services
- job search assistance
- life skill learning opportunities
Learn more at www.bluedoorshelters.ca
Pathways‘ youth residential program offers a combination of housing and support for youth, primarily 16-19 years of age, who are facing a housing crisis.
If you are a young person in need, or a parent seeking help for your teen, here’s what you can expect from Pathways:
- We give young people a place to start making choices that will improve their quality of life.
- Young people, who can no longer remain at home or have already left home, can remain in their community.
- Each youth receives individual focus, resulting in programs that are safe, healthy, respectful, supportive and effective.
- The environment is nurturing, where role models help youth develop new life skills and absorb community and social norms.
- Support is available for parents, whenever possible, including family counselling.
Visit www.pathwaysyorkregion.com for more details.